Burial Assistance Program
The Burial Assistance Program provides financial assistance upon the death of a member of the Osage Nation, regardless of residence.Apply Now
The Burial Assistance Program provides financial assistance upon the death of a member of the Osage Nation, regardless of residence. Each enrolled member is eligible up to eight thousand ($8,000) to assist with the burial expenses in the following priority:
- Payment or reimbursement of the actual cost of burial or cremation
- Payment or reimbursement of advance payment of burial or cremation
- Payment or reimbursement of headstones, cemetery monuments or markers, or cremation urns
- Payment or reimbursement of costs incurred for last rites, flowers, reception meal, and/or blankets
The requirements to be eligible for burial assistance include:
- The deceased must have held an Osage Member card at the time of death.
- A completed Burial Assistance application and all supporting documentation must be submitted within sixty (60) calendar days of the date of death.
Once a Burial Application has been received, the following steps will occur:
- Notice of approval/denial of benefit will be mailed or emailed to the applicant within fifteen (15) business days of receiving a complete application.
- If necessary, written notice will be given to the business or vendor of the approved / allocated amount of assistance, to avoid an interruption of service or to expedite services.
- Eligible expenses approved for assistance or reimbursement will be processed to the Osage Nation Treasury Department, within fifteen (15) business days of receiving a complete application.
- Checks will be mailed directly to vendors or individuals to be reimbursed, within fifteen (15) business days.
- Checks are only made payable to the vendor of the service and only in U.S. Dollars.